
CCT 90/26 Zuma v The Chairperson of the Commission: Commissioner Sisi Khampepe 2026
29 June 2026: Judgment Reserved
WATCH TESTIMONIES:
04 AUGUST 2026: TIM WILLIAMS
05 AUGUST 2026: COMMISSIONER DE BEER
06 AUGUST 2026: YASMIN SOOKA & PIERS PIGOU
07 AUGUST 2026: MINISTER KUBAYI
AFFIDAVITS:
MEDIA REPORTS:
Williams cites unclear mandate for rejecting NPA TRC task team
SABC: Busi Chimombe
Former Acting National Police Commissioner Timothy Williams says he declined an invitation from the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) to send a South African Police Service (SAPS) representative to an Interdepartmental Task Team (ITT) working on TRC cases because the body’s mandate was unclear.
The ITT had been established in late 2006 with the aim of expediting the investigations and prosecution of TRC Cases.
Williams, who succeeded national commissioner Jackie Selebi, was testifying on Day 65 of the TRC Cases Inquiry in Newtown, Johannesburg on Tuesday.
TRC Inquiry | Apartheid-era security officials concealed campaign against activists: Sooka
Y-FM: 6 August 2026
Former Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) Commissioner, Yasmin Sooka, has accused former apartheid-era security officials of deliberately concealing the truth about a covert campaign to eliminate anti-apartheid activists, saying their continued silence has denied victims’ families the justice and accountability they were promised.
Testifying before the TRC Cases Inquiry in Johannesburg on Thursday, Sooka said political pardon applications submitted by former Police Minister, Adriaan Flok, former Police Commissioner, Johan van der Merwe, and other former security officials failed to provide full disclosure of apartheid-era crimes.
Piers Pigou warns of lack of political will hindering TRC investigations
IOL: Siyabonga Sithole 08 August 2026
Piers Pigou, a Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) specialist, has identified several factors that have contributed to delays and interference with the transparent, comprehensive investigation of TRC cases. Pigou attributed the limited progress in the TRC Cases to a lack of political will, finger-pointing between the NPA and the SAPS, poor statement-taking, and poor resource allocation.
Kubayi questions Batohi memo on political interference in TRC cases
Inside Politics: 7 August 2026 Simn Nare
Simon Nare
Justice Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi has questioned former National Director of Public Prosecutions head Advocate Shamila Batohi’s memo that admitted to political interference which led to the stalling of the investigations and prosecution of Truth and Reconciliation Commission cases.
Testifying before the Khampepe Commission probing the handling of the TRC cases on Friday, Kubayi questioned Batohi’s memo, which had been submitted to the commission, saying it had not been signed off by then justice minister Ronald Lamola as should have been the case.
https://insidepolitic.co.za/kubayi-questions-batohi-memo-on-political-interference-in-trc-cases/
TRC Inquiry | Kubayi rejects political interference claims as inquiry probes delayed apartheid-era prosecutions
Y-FM 7 August 2026
Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development, Mmamoloko Kubayi, has rejected allegations that government deliberately interfered in apartheid-era prosecutions, telling the TRC Cases Inquiry she has never seen evidence of decisions to halt investigations or shield perpetrators.
Under cross-examination on Friday, Kubayi maintained that while court judgments and National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) documents refer to executive interference, she cannot accept those conclusions without examining the evidence herself.
UPCOMING TIME TABLE:
