TIMOL – A QUEST FOR JUSTICE, Imtiaz Cajee
ISBN 1 – 919855-40-8
The book titled, TIMOL – A QUEST FOR JUSTICE, by Imtiaz Cajee was officially launched at the former John Vorster Square Police Station, now Johannesburg Central Police Station on 29th January 2005. Additional book launches were held in Azaadville, Cape Town, Durban Canada and the United Kingdom. Copies of the book can be obtained by sending mail to: email@example.com
Download book here: TIMOL – QUEST FOR JUSTICE
NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR
The Hidden Truth:
TIMOL – THE QUEST FOR THE TRUTH
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that my uncle’s activities were monitored at the Teacher’s Training College and later during the years he spent teaching at Roodepoort Indian High School. There was an active network of informants in the community that would undoubtedly have contributed to his eventual demise.
That he stayed in London with banned activists was known to the security branch and shared with British intelligence. And there are reports that the Lenin University he attended for political training in 1969 had been infiltrated by the CIA.
His return to South Africa in February 1970 and setting up of underground structures for the banned Communist Party was known to the Security Branch and BOSS (Bureau of State Security). His communications with London through secret coded text messages were intercepted indicating that his operation was compromised.
The police claimed he was arrested at a routine police roadblock, However, evidence proves that an order of arrest had been granted by the Commissioner of the Police.
I am eternally grateful to all those who assisted me with the publication of TIMOL – QUEST FOR JUSTICE. Without their assistance, this book would not have been published and book launches held nationally and internationally. However, the story of my Uncle is not complete. History cannot judge me as the nephew who wrote the unfinished story. The truth has become a pebble in my shoe and my Quest for the Truth continues….
- 2003.10.26-viewpoint -Analysis City Press
- 2005.02-Lenasia Times Page 18
- 2005.02-True Love
- 2005.03.06-The independent on Saturday – Book Nook -Timol- A Quest for Justice.
- 2005.03.30 Die Burger-S.A. Press Cuttings
- 2005.05 -Splendor and Death of Ahmed Timol
- 2005.05.13- S.A Jewish Report
- 2005.01 Extra News
- 2005.02.22 Cape Argus
- 2005.02.25 Cape Times Friday (Books)
- 2005.02.25 The Cape Times
- 2005.03.18 Johnnic
- 2005.04 Book Review Page 32 Muslim Views
- 2005.10.17 Pretoria News
- 2006.02.08- Exclusive Books
- 2009.10.21- The Herald
- 2009.10.26 -Times Live
- 2009.11.06- Pretoria News
- 2009.11.10- Umuzi – The Tall Assassin
- Christopher Hope- Learning to Fly
- Danny Titus- Review
- Newspaper Article on Book to Memorialize Ahmed Timol’s Death
- Newspaper Article Sunday,30 January
- Timol death plunge
- Timol tragedy revealed